Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Kliewer-Reflection


 Growing up there were always special needs students in my school.  Some of them were able to be in the regular classrooms while others were in the Special Education class.  I have always wondered why some students were able to be integrated in the classrooms while others weren’t.  I wondered if it was because that parent made a complaint and made sure that their child wasn’t secluded.  I will never know why but I do know that it isn’t right for the students with special needs to be secluded. 
In my high school there were a lot of students with disabilities.  One thing that always got me upset and sick to my stomach was when the “normal” students would start picking on the students with disabilities.  I was always the one to stand up for them because nobody else would.  In my high school there were some students with disabilities in the classes but mostly they had their own classroom.  The classroom wasn’t very big or comfortable.  What I mean by confortable was that it was just a room with books and desks; there wasn’t much to it.  It resembled the room where students would go to if they had in school suspension.  I didn’t like this very much because it wasn’t fair to them.  Just because they have special needs doesn’t mean they aren’t people.  They should have the same type of classrooms the “normal students do and they should be treated like everyone else.    

No comments:

Post a Comment